Re: golang-goprotobuf 1.4+ (Was Re: disruptive uploads)

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 4:45 AM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:
I think it again, maybe we should have both v1.3 and v1.4+ golang-gogoprotobuf together,
as we do the transition in C/C++ libraries. Some packages are difficult to be ported
to new api, so we end up with two duplications in archive.

Sorry, it seems my rambling caused more confusion than the french bits.

To clarify, I do think we need to have some (code) duplication in the archive, at least for a couple of months. I somehow assumed that we already did have the v1.4+ (the google.golang.org/protobuf) code in a separate source package, but apparently we have that only in experimental for now?

--
regards,
    Reinhard