Re: Outdated package: golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev

Hi,

I did not see the mentions of the fix for cpuid v2 in v1.1.2 of md5-simd, so I assumed it would be more difficult to update. Thanks for testing this.

I've uploaded golang-github-minio-md5-simd 1.1.2-2 and golang-github-minio-minio-go-v7 7.0.5-3.

Regards,

On 2021-08-29 02:38+0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
Hi Again,

On 8/29/21 1:35 AM, Félix Sipma wrote:
So, let's ask Roger what he thinks we should do.

I guess we should revert this, as 2.0.6-1 introduces regressions.

I don't think doing so will be very optimal, I'd have agreed with you if we were in freeze times, but not now.
It'd be better is we simply fix the reverse dependencies now.

The Release 1.1.2 of md5-simd fixes the problem with latest cpuid. I tested the new version with ruby-team/meta[1]
and it does not seem to break minio-go-v7 so I believe it should be safe to simply upload this.
Output:

autopkgtest  golang-github-minio-minio-go-v7 ... PASS
rebuild      golang-github-minio-minio-go-v7 ... PASS

Or, you could cherry pick relevant patches from upstream - whatever you prefer more. Personally, updating feels much cheaper.

Given this, it won't migrate to testing anyway...

It would, if we fix the situation. Similar fix has been done for also new upstream version of golang-github-klauspost-reedsolomon which is the other
failing dependency

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta

Cheers,

Félix