Re: Outdated package: golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev

On 8/29/21 1:01 AM, Félix Sipma wrote:
> Sorry for being late, but the upload of v2.0.6 broke golang-github-minio-md5-simd (which is needed by golang-github-minio-minio-go-v7, which is needed by restic)... Did you check with ratt if anything was broken? https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-klauspost-cpuid shows the regression for amd64.

I uploaded it to "experimental"[1] and not unstable. I did not run ratt at that point, since we were in deep freeze, and I'd expect a ton of changes post release.
I intended to do it later, but the maintainer uploaded before that could happen[2]

[1]: https://tracker.debian.org/news/1244391/accepted-golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-206-1exp0-source-into-experimental/
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/news/1247342/accepted-golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-206-1-source-into-unstable/

Cheers,

Debian Developer, Uploading