Re: Outdated package: golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev

Sorry for being late, but the upload of v2.0.6 broke golang-github-minio-md5-simd (which is needed by golang-github-minio-minio-go-v7, which is needed by restic)... Did you check with ratt if anything was broken? https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-klauspost-cpuid shows the regression for amd64.

Could we get back to v1 (with a +really1.x) and upload golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-v2-dev?

Regards,

On 2021-07-13 17:21+0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 15:41, Peymaneh Nejad <p.nejad@posteo.de> wrote:

Hi,

Am 30.06.21 um 22:30 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On 7/1/21 1:55 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
Packaging github.com/caddyserver/certmagic is currently blocked by
golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev being outdated.

Since an update to v2.0.6 would be a major version change, Nilesh
proposed to upload an updated package to a debian/experimental branch and
package certmagic for experimental also. I have asked the maintainers[1]
about this but no answer since 2 weeks. I am not sure if it would be okay
to just proceed with this proposal?

Just reply on the bug once as a reminder, with a hint that we'll proceed
with the scheme in another couple of days

I have pushed my changes to debian/experimental:

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-klauspost-cpuid/-/tree/debian/experimental/

Uploaded, thanks!

The new version introduces a binary that I have omitted from the build,
because
caddyserver/certmagic does not require the binary and I assume a split
into
prog+lib would better be done by its maintainer.

Correct

Is that alright?

Yes

--