Re: [RFS] golang-step-cli-utils

On 8/11/21 8:50 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> earlier upload needed to be canceled because version 15.x of smallstep/certificates I am packaging does not build with v0.4.0. of cli-utils
>
> I have downgraded the package to 0.2.0 and pushed to salsa. I also took the liberty to delete the debian/0.4.0 to avoid confusion in case v0.4.0 should be uploaded at later point.
>
>>> Also, both these packages have dependencies embedded in pkg/*
>>> golang-step-cli-utils has blackfriday there, which is already in
>>> archive. Whilst I uploaded for now, but IMO these should really be repacked and package should be used from
>>> archive during subsequent uploads.
>
> Source is now repacked and builds with blackfriday/v2 from archives :)

Awesome. There should be similar removing test-only deps and annotating corresponding B-D with nocheck - I did this now.
However, I noticed that there are B-D and Depends on

golang-gopkg-yaml.v2-dev
golang-github-shurcool-sanitized-anchor-name-dev

Are they really needed?

Atleast, On removing them and building, the build goes just fine for me so I'm not sure of the utility.
Nor do I find the occurences of these in "code" (not counting go.mod/go.sum here)

For now, I uploaded with them included to not accidentally cause mess for later, but if they aren't needed, please remove them.
And we fix that in the next source upload.