Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi Nilesh!

Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info>,
15/10/2021 – 15:36:06 (+0530):

> Awesome, I pushed a little cleanup change (nitpick).

/me like it!

> That we can ignore, not ultimately urgent.

I understand, but it's good to have IMO (we had last week at our MariaDB
Server Fest a presentation about supply chain attacks from Kaspersky
folks :))

> 1. The homepage URL: https://mvdan.cc/editorconfig seems to re-dirct
> to github.  So is the import path now changed for this one?  And if
> so, the source package needs to be renamed accordingly

Aloïs already kindly responded to that one, he is too fast for me :)

> 2. The github repo (README) says that: "Note that an official library
> exists for Go. This alternative implementation started with a
> different design" So is this a fork or a complete re-write? If this is
> a fork, would it be possible to merge this in the main repo?

I believe that it's a complete re-write.

> Lastly, do you need sponsoring?

YES!

> You want to ignore the .pre-commit-config.yaml file right? I do not
> know of a gbp-specific way, but you could do this:
> $ echo .pre-commit-config.yaml > .git/info/exclude

gbp seems to ignore this:

| dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to .pre-commit-config.yaml:
| dpkg-source: error:   new version is symlink to /home/faust/.pre-commit-config.yaml
| dpkg-source: error:   old version is nonexistent

Anyway, I found this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1753070/how-do-i-configure-git-to-ignore-some-files-locally#1753078
so I will investigate a bit more.

> PS: I read every mail on this mailing list, so you don't need to CC me :-)

Ack, it's a bad habit from bugs.debian.org.

--
Faustin