Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi Nilesh!

Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info>,
14/10/2021 – 15:06:07 (+0530):

> I've a couple of ideas to run tests. First off, so we are on the same
> page, the build/tests etc (process till creation of .deb) have to
> happen offline, so doing a clone during build is not possible.
>
> So there are two workarounds:
>
> a) If the size of test repository is not very huge, you could download
> that, and simply copy it to the debian/ directory, and before the
> build starts, you could do something like:
>
> execute_before_dh_auto_test:
> 	mv debian/<your-test-dir> <the-build-dir>

Wow, that's very interesting!

| git clone https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-core-test
| rm -rf editorconfig-core-test/.git*
| du -sh editorconfig-core-test
| 268K	editorconfig-core-test

Sounds good?!

> b) If the size is large, or, you like this options -- you could modify
> d/watch, and use multi-orig upstream tarballs. This basically means
> getting multiple tarball sources and embedding the test data.  We do
> this in med-team
>
> I cannot find good links for it directly, but you could refer these[1,2,3]
> Let me know if you need more help

b) sounds very good too and I see here a very good opportunity to learn
more on Debian packaging. And this solution seems the one with less
maintenance too.

As I understand better a) for the moment, I will go for it for now, but
I will keep b) in the pipe.

Thanks a lot!

--
Faustin