Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi!

I have managed to reactivate the test suite. It took me a bit longer
than expected because I had to find the correct path to copy the test
suite to. And I also had to remove those files after the test passed as
I did not want them in the final deb (plus those made lintian really not
happy :)). I hope that I am doing it the right way.

I would be glad if you could take look [1].

The only remaining Lintian problem is:
| X: golang-mvdan-editorconfig source: debian-watch-does-not-check-gpg-signature

So, I will check with upstream folks how to handle this.

On git-buildpackage, I have an extra question and I don't know where to
ask:

On all my git projects, I am using a bunch of pre-commit hooks (with the
pre-commit [2] framework). This works by creating a
<repo>/.pre-commit-config.yaml file and by activating a pre-commit hook.

On my workflow, this file is globally ignored with a git ignore global
configuration but I can't find a way to do that for git-buildbpackage.

My solution/horrible-hack so far is to use a bash wrapper (attached)
for any gbp invocation.

Thanks again for your help!

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-mvdan-editorconfig/-/commit/edf2d06b904bc45296080bed4acf2631dc2e9ece
[2]: https://pre-commit.com

--
Faustin
#!/usr/bin/env bash

. /home/faust/bin/bash_library.sh

typeset -r CMD_GBP="/usr/bin/gbp"
[[ -x $CMD_GBP ]] || err "gbp command not found"

if [[ -s .pre-commit-config.yaml ]]; then
  rm .pre-commit-config.yaml
fi

if $CMD_GBP "$@"; then
  notify "OK: gbp finished"
else
  notify "ERROR: gbp failed"
fi

ln -s ~/.pre-commit-config.yaml .pre-commit-config.yaml