Re: upgrading golang packages (swift, google-api)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:

> A handful of go packages need to be upgraded in order to upgrade rclone:
>    golang-github-ncw-swift
>    golang-google-api
>
> Since these packages are build dependencies for other packages (docker
> and others), I wanted to ask first if it's safe to begin the upgrades.

Just like when you want to bump so version, you need to rebuild and
check all the reverse dependencies.
I would recommend you to use ratt(1).

So if a reverse dependency FTBFS, it should have a RC bug to be
removed from testing, or prevent you to update the library.

--
Shengjing Zhu