Re: upgrading golang packages (swift, google-api)

On 7/23/19 2:46 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On 2019-07-23 15:14, Arnaud Rebillout wrote:
>>
>> As usual, I have no clue what that REALLY means until I try to build
>> docker against those versions and see what breaks :)
>
> That sounds to me like "just do the upgrades and sort out the breakage
> afterwards" ;)

Kind of, in the sense that I'm not sure when I'll have time to look at
that, so I can't ask you to wait for me forever :)

In my experience with Go packaging, it works best to bump libraries to
the minimum version required, rather than to the latest version
available. Because we can have only one version of a library at a time,
and the latest bleeding edge might work for ONE package but breaks TEN
others, while sticking to something a bit older might work for everyone.

If google api v0.1.0 works for you, then maybe there's no rush to bump
it to v0.7.0?

Maybe others from the team have a different opinion though.

  Arnaud