Re: floating stacks?

At 20 Feb 2003 20:02:12 +0100,
Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Dunno.  I'd just hack it in one of the rules files.
>
> I did. No go though, the resulting package has a messed-up libpthread
> that crashes any program that links to it.

It's the primary reason to drop off the -opt package: enabling
libc6-opt including libpthread.so crashes the entire system.  We have
investigated it but currently it's pending state due to sarge issue.

> So, I think I'm out of this game and using Mandrake next time (where
> contexts and threads can be used at the same time).

It's regret for me but I recommend to do so until we provide new -opt
package...

BTW, apparently libc6-i686 gets the strong reason in order to support
FLOATING_STACKS.  I want you to come back to debian next next time :)

Regards,
-- gotom