floating stacks?

Hello,

Let me first say that this is my first attempt at asking something, and
I'm rather unfamiliar with the debian process of packaging glibc.

I've been trying to write a server programming library that handles
multiple connections in a single thread yet displays this to the
programmer as if it were in a thread. The way to do this is using the
various *context functions, I just swap contexts when in a blocking read
call, and that thread goes off to work on a context that got data.
So much for the theory.
During my tests I found that this is entirely impossible with
linuxthreads. Well, at least so I thought - until some research turned
up the fact that it is possible when FLOATING_STACKS is defined.

Now here's the real question: why is the debian package not compiled
with it? Is there any specific reason such as incompatibility?
And - as I guess there is a reason and it'll never be enabled in the
debian package - how can I build my own libc package with
FLOATING_STACKS to replace the existing one? I don't like requiring
Redhat or another distribution that ships a library that has floating
stacks enabled.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/