Re: Problem with 2.3.1-8 for hppa

Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > If that is the so called solution, could somebody please do something
> > I requested a while ago:
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2002/debian-hppa-200212/msg00065.html
> >
> > tausq: *hint* *hint*
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Joey
>
> Joey,
>
> I spoke with you about this, glibc requires that a min_kernel version be
> defined for each architecture. As per the problems that two users had we
> added a preinst check so you could not install glibc on a system that
> had an older kernel than the min_kernel version (e.g. You would never
> see "FATAL: kernel too old").

As you may know already, this does not help if a) the glibc is already
installed, b) downgrading doesn't show proper success and c) packages
are depending on a newer glibc.  Hence, a new kernel is still the way
to go.  Unfortunately I'm too much of a coward for doing it myself.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds