Re: PyTroll satpy packaging

Hi Antonio,

This is thread is better suited for debian-gis@, I've redirected the OP
there.

On 12/23/18 6:21 PM, Antonio Valentino wrote:
> If you agree, and someone is willing to sponsor uploads, I would like to
> maintain the package and its dependencies under the debian-gis.

It's already part of the blend tasks, and we have the other projects
too, I don't see why the other related packages shouldn't be maintained
within this team either.

> Please let me know if you think that satpy is a good candidate for
> debian-gis and if there is someone that want to sponsor it.

I've sponsored your other packages in this team too, so these won't be
any different.

> satpy, trollsift, trollimage and python-geotiepoints have been uploaded
> to mentors. I can put them on salsa as soon as someone creates the
> repositories, I do not have permission to do it.

The repos for the packages have been created:

 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pygac
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pyhdf
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pylibtiff
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pyspectral
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/python-geotiepoints
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pytroll-schedule
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/satpy
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/trollimage
 * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/trollsift

Please change your local repositories to use these remotes.

> Regarding pylibtiff, it already has a git repository but probably it
> would be better to move it under debian-gis.
> In any case I will wait for an OK before changing the #705208 into an ITA.

Is the communication to adopt pylibtiff public somewhere? I don't see
anything on debian-qa@l.d.o in the last three months.

Following the procedure documented in the devref should suffice:

 https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#adopting