Re: PyTroll satpy packaging

Hi Sebastiaan,
thank you for your quick answer.

Il 23/12/18 18:50, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> This is thread is better suited for debian-gis@, I've redirected the OP
> there.
>
> On 12/23/18 6:21 PM, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>> If you agree, and someone is willing to sponsor uploads, I would like to
>> maintain the package and its dependencies under the debian-gis.
>
> It's already part of the blend tasks, and we have the other projects
> too, I don't see why the other related packages shouldn't be maintained
> within this team either.
>
>> Please let me know if you think that satpy is a good candidate for
>> debian-gis and if there is someone that want to sponsor it.
>
> I've sponsored your other packages in this team too, so these won't be
> any different.
>
>> satpy, trollsift, trollimage and python-geotiepoints have been uploaded
>> to mentors. I can put them on salsa as soon as someone creates the
>> repositories, I do not have permission to do it.
>
> The repos for the packages have been created:
>
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pygac
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pyhdf
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pylibtiff
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pyspectral
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/python-geotiepoints
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/pytroll-schedule
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/satpy
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/trollimage
>  * https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/trollsift
>
> Please change your local repositories to use these remotes.

thank you very much
Just a question: pylibtiff already has a repository on salsa
(https://salsa.debian.org/debian/pylibtiff).
Should I just push all branches to the new one or it is better to move
tho old one?

>> Regarding pylibtiff, it already has a git repository but probably it
>> would be better to move it under debian-gis.
>> In any case I will wait for an OK before changing the #705208 into an ITA.
>
> Is the communication to adopt pylibtiff public somewhere? I don't see
> anything on debian-qa@l.d.o in the last three months.
>
> Following the procedure documented in the devref should suffice:
>
>  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#adopting

You are right, there is no communication yet.
I have never done it before.
If my understanding of the procedure is correct I should send a mail to
Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org> (that is the current maintainer
of the package) and to #705208 declaring my intention to adopt the package.
Than I should change the title of #705208 replacing "O" with "ITA" and
reassign the #705208 to myself.
Is it correct?

kind regards

--