Re: SFCGAL 1.2.1 (1.2.2 out now)

On 2015-11-17 10:26, Sven Geggus wrote:
Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Thanks, but we need a new round for the 1.2.2 release.

Whats the story with 1.2.2? I did not understand the email as 1.2.1 seemed
to work.

They forgot to increase the patch version in 1.2.1, that was corrected in 1.2.2, see:

https://github.com/Oslandia/SFCGAL/commit/5310dcb1594352bda9c8c435e40d04f1cdc90a43

This was mentioned in the issue about the CGAL 4.7 build failure:

https://github.com/Oslandia/SFCGAL/issues/113#issuecomment-157015346

The not incremented version was reported in:

https://github.com/Oslandia/SFCGAL/issues/116

I did however not increase the version number and rebuild the package.

You don't need to increase the version number, only the debian revision
in the changelog.

Which is what I meant by "version number".

After upload you should always increment the Debian revision for the new changes.

It's currently not possible to build sfcgal due to unsatisfied
dependencies for samba-libs, so we need to get that fixed before a new
upload to experimental can be done.

samba?!

Yes, it gets pulled in via the build dependencies. Thanks to the dependencies on openscenegraph & qt4 the sfcgal build pull on a lot of packages not directly related to sfcgal.