Re: osm-tile-server

On 03-11-15 21:14, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> There are just a few questions I'm wondering about:
>
> 1. I've 'designed' it as a native package. Quite much of the
> 'code' is dependent on the Debian file system structure, so I was
> thinking that this makes more sense. However, I've never uploaded
> a native package before. Is there a need for an ITP for native
> packages?

Yes, a native package is just another package, it just doesn't have
separate upstream releases.

The debian-gis source package which builds the Blends metapackages was
ITP'ed in #587856 for example.

> Do we need to discuss it with someone before we upload, or is it
> just to upload and wait for the FTP masters to say yes or no?

This thread should be sufficient discussion. Because a native package
is just another package it will also have to pass the NEW queue like
any other package.

> 2. Some Mapnik issues in sid currently makes it not fully work.

What issues are those other than #799473?

> Still, the package will correctly set up the database with OSM
> data and configure apache, so that when Mapnik starts working,
> osm-tile-server should provide tiles correctly. Do you think we
> should wait with the initial upload until Mapnik actually does
> work correctly?

That seems sensible, no use uploading a package that doesn't work.

I'd really appreciate your help getting Mapnik 3 fixed.

- --