Re: osm-tile-server

Hi,

I begin to feel that osm-tile-server is getting ready. I've been using
it on several computers myself and it simplifies things a lot for me.

There are just a few questions I'm wondering about:

 1. I've 'designed' it as a native package. Quite much of the 'code'
    is dependent on the Debian file system structure, so I was
    thinking that this makes more sense. However, I've never uploaded a
    native package before. Is there a need for an ITP for native packages?
    Do we need to discuss it with someone before we upload, or is it just
    to upload and wait for the FTP masters to say yes or no?

 2. Some Mapnik issues in sid currently makes it not fully work.
    Still, the package will correctly set up the database with OSM data
    and configure apache, so that when Mapnik starts working,
    osm-tile-server should provide tiles correctly. Do you think we
    should wait with the initial upload until Mapnik actually does work
    correctly?  Personally, I would prefer if we perhaps could upload it
    to experiemental, to let it clear NEW, and to get the translation team
    to translate messages, so that when Mapnik is working correctly,
    osm-tile-server is ready to do a good job.

    (Since Mapnik works well in Jessie, osm-tile-server works well
    there and that's where I'm mainly testing it.)

I need to complete some man pages, and test the package some more, and
then I will come back.

Best regards,
Ruben