Re: Removing OSRM from Debian

On 2015-10-22 12:56, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Why not keep the package in experimental. This should not harm anybody
and might simplify a revitalisation.

Or unstable? With a bug to prevent migration to testing (or remove it
when we get close to a release?)

Ubuntu syncs from unstable, so if we're going to keep the osrm package around despite the upstream developers reservations, keeping it in experimental and having it removed from testing & unstable is a better option then.

If we keep the package in unstable and prevent testing migration with an RC bug, we'll still be confronted with the package for every transition its involved in. Keeping it in experimental only keeps it out of transitions too.

But is keeping the package in experimental worth it to not need to pass the NEW queue again when someone steps up to maintain the package and the upstream developers are willing and able to support it in Debian stable & Ubuntu LTS releases?

It seems there is some objection to the removal from the uploaders in Debian, I think that keeping the package in experimental only is a reasonable compromise although I prefer to remove it entirely to remove the illusion that we plan to include the package any time soon.