Removing OSRM from Debian

Hi Christopher & all,

We have the osrm package in Debian (and Ubuntu wily) for about two
months now, after about two years since the ITP bug was filed.

And now the upstream developers have basically asked us to remove the
package from the archive again because they cannot support it in stable
releases:

"
 I talked to @TheMarex and @danpat and came to the conclusion that we
 don't think it would make much sense to have OSRM packaged and
 eventually shipped in a stable Debian release.
"

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/1744#issuecomment-149689363

This is sad news, but not entirely unexpected. The upstream developers
of mapnik-vector-tile also didn't see the need for Debian packages:

https://github.com/mapnik/clipper/issues/1#issuecomment-139774002

It may or may not be a coincidence that these developers are employed by
Mapbox.

The question before us is if we want to keep osrm in Debian and
derivatives despite the reservations of the upstream developers?

Christopher, do you want to keep maintaining osrm for the duration of
stable releases without upstream support? And what are your thoughts
about osrm packaging in Debian in general?