Re: Packaging geotools?

Hi Johan,

Am 20.08.2015 um 17:11 schrieb Johan Van de Wauw:
[...]
> Is there anyone from the java team who can give some advice on how
> I/we could get started packaging geotools? Eg Jerome packaged 2
> libraries (gt-opengis, gt-metadata [4]) by using a seperate source
> package for those libraries, rather than using one source package.
> Is that a good idea ? Or how could we use a similar approach with one
> source package?

According to [1] the source code is available from zipped tarballs
stored at sourceforge.net. geotools-13.2-project.zip contains the source
files but be careful there are also embedded jar files. [2] Your other
alternative is to download and checkout the sources directly from git
which is explained at [1]. You can follow the tips at [3] to create a
useful get-orig-source target for Debian, if you package directly from git.

In general I would use the provided source tarball from upstream. If you
are unsure, better talk to upstream. The source tarball contains a
pom.xml file. If you run mh_make from maven-debian-helper in the root
directory, you can create the initial Debian packaging for geotools. The
rest is to figure out which libraries are already in Debian or need
packaging.

Regards,

Markus

[1] http://docs.geotools.org/stable/userguide/build/source.html#