Re: Fwd: Schedule information for 211 - Debian GIS BoF

On 08/16/2015 10:07 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 16-08-15 21:46, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>>> Hi Bas,

>>> Not that it is no *talk* but rather a BoF where input from the audience
>>> - even from remote audience via IRC is more than welcome.  There will
>>> be an IRC channel for each room that any interested person should join.
>>> Somebody in the room will grab the microphone and read out your
>>> comments ...
>>>

>> Perhaps it is useful to have an agenda with topics we want to discuss?
>> I'll join remotely.
>
> I'm not sure how much time we'll have from the 45 minutes scheduled, and
> how well interacting via IRC with the room will be, but I have some
> topics we could discuss:
>
> - grass package maintenance & collaboration with upstream
>   - moving GRASS 7 out of experimental and disabling qgis-plugin-grass
>   - how to improve the collaboration with upstream
>   - how to get everyone working with the same source packaging
>
> - upcoming transitions (netcdf, gdal, grass, libkml)
>   - libkml has been forked upstream, and that triggered Google
>     engineers to pick it up again.
>
> - should we have an in person sprint?
>   - tag along with an OSGeo or Debian event or separate?
>   - maybe one with the GRASS developers to work on packaging issues?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

I know these are old, but:
- svn > git repositories - where are we?
- pkg-osm > pkg-grass - where are we?
- Ubuntu GIS packages - do we have all in the GIS Team yet?
- We had a bump with OpenLayers3 & the small node packages issue, but
are there other major GIS packages/suites that should be in Debian? Do
we have all relevant RFP/ITPs in the GIS tasks so we can look there for
things to package?

Cheers,

Ross