Re: Fwd: Schedule information for 211 - Debian GIS BoF
On 16-08-15 21:46, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Andreas Tille <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bas,
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:49:22PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> Thanks for having this talk.
>> Not that it is no *talk* but rather a BoF where input from the audience
>> - even from remote audience via IRC is more than welcome. There will
>> be an IRC channel for each room that any interested person should join.
>> Somebody in the room will grab the microphone and read out your
>> comments ...
> Perhaps it is useful to have an agenda with topics we want to discuss?
> I'll join remotely.
I'm not sure how much time we'll have from the 45 minutes scheduled, and
how well interacting via IRC with the room will be, but I have some
topics we could discuss:
- grass package maintenance & collaboration with upstream
- moving GRASS 7 out of experimental and disabling qgis-plugin-grass
- how to improve the collaboration with upstream
- how to get everyone working with the same source packaging
- upcoming transitions (netcdf, gdal, grass, libkml)
- libkml has been forked upstream, and that triggered Google
engineers to pick it up again.
- should we have an in person sprint?
- tag along with an OSGeo or Debian event or separate?
- maybe one with the GRASS developers to work on packaging issues?
GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146 50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1