Re: Fwd: Schedule information for 211 - Debian GIS BoF

On 17-08-15 20:06, Ross Gammon wrote:
> I know these are old, but:

Some of these I can already answer.

> - svn > git repositories - where are we?

Mostly done, see: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/Svn2Git

TODO:

 gpsdrive
 mbsystem
 musmap
 ogdi-dfsg
 opencpn
 roadmap

Mostly done:

 libterralib (Alastair needs to push his latest changes)

> - pkg-osm > pkg-grass - where are we?

Also mostly done.

TODO:

 libosm-gary68-perl
 monav

Mostly done:

 imposm & imposm-parser (git repos already moved, both need an upload)

> - Ubuntu GIS packages - do we have all in the GIS Team yet?

For UbuntuGIS I'm not sure, I think we have everything and more in
Debian GIS now.

If you're looking for something to package, everything that doesn't
use a Debian package in the OSGeo install scripts are still good
candidates to properly package for Debian and derivatives.

https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/tree/master/bin

> - We had a bump with OpenLayers3 & the small node packages issue,
> but are there other major GIS packages/suites that should be in
> Debian? Do we have all relevant RFP/ITPs in the GIS tasks so we can
> look there for things to package?

There are still some packages in git that haven't made it to the
archive yet as listed on the Blends tasks packages. High on this list
is OTB.

http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/devel#pkgvcs-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/osm#pkgvcs-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/osm#prospective-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/remotesensing#pkgvcs-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/remotesensing#unofficial-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/remotesensing#prospective-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/statistics#pkgvcs-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/web#pkgvcs-debs
http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/web#wnpp-debs

On my personal wishlist is python-stetl which is required for the
TOP10NL etl port of NLExtract.

The important Java projects in the GIS sphere are also high on the
wishlist, specifically geotools and related projects (geoserver, etc).

- --