Re: pg_comparator development

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

On 16-08-15 20:27, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> Triggered by the pgFoundary annoucement [1] that asked if anyone was
>> still actively using it, I wondered about pg_comparator that is the only
>> Debian GIS package whose upstream uses pgFoundary.
>>
>> I've found the 2.2.6 release [2] via your website, but this is not
>> available on pgFoundary, where the latest release is still 2.2.5 [3].
>
> Because I could not put the file on pgfoundry because of some unclear bug.
> I'm planning a 3.0.0 which will be a postgres extension.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

>> Will new upstream releases only be published on your website, or do you
>> have another place in mind when pgFoundary closes down?
>
> I thought of putting it on "my" web site. If there is something which
> would arrange you somehow better, you have to tell me.

My primary concern is the upstream release monitoring we use in the
Debian package. It was using pgFoundary to monitor for new releases and
download release tarballs from. I've switched this to the pg_comparator
webpage where 2.2.6 is published, but that only links to the latest
release. pgFoundary listed the previous releases too, if you can link to
the previous releases too that would be great.

>> And do you is the version control system for pg_comparator available
>> online?
>
> I'm not sure what is the question. The real version control is
> "https://scm.cri.ensmp.fr/svn/comparator";, but it is not open because
> there is more things into it, such as the LaTeX sources of a paper and
> presentations, scripts to run various tests... There is also a github
> thing with the software part that I try to keep up to date.

Yeah, I messed up that question. I was wondering the version control was
public somewhere. I've found zx80/pg_comparator on GitHub, that looks
like the one you mention.