Re: Transitions [WAS: Re: SpatiaLite 4.2.1 and the wider spatialite family]

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 05/29/2015 06:38 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Il 29/05/2015 16:04, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
>>
>>> Support for spatialite_init_ex() was recently added in QGIS,
>>> see:
>>>
>>> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12771
>>>
>>> This change has been backported to the 2.8 branch, so we can get
>>> it into Debian with the 2.8.3 release.
>>
>> Good news, thanks Bas. Given the seriousness of the bug, would it
>> be reasonable to release a 2.8.2b with the fix, without waiting for
>> 2.8.3?
>
> Yes, I can include a patch for the spatialite change.
>
> But we first need to get qgis 2.8.2 out of NEW. Last time it took 6
> months, hopefully it won't take that long this time.

Wouldn't it be better to change the 2.8.2 package so it no longer
specifies the patch version?
Eg libqgis-server2.8 instead of libqgis-server2.8.2

This would save us a lot of waiting for the new queue when there is an
update and save the ftp-masters time for other packages...

Kind Regards,
Johan