Transitions [WAS: Re: SpatiaLite 4.2.1 and the wider spatialite family]

On 05/23/2015 02:15 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>    Like SpatiaLite 4.2 we didn't get GDAL 1.11 into unstable in time
>    for the jessie freeze, so it's high time to restart the transition
>    (#756867) [5]. Because we don't have alternative symbols changes in
>    gdal 1.10.1 we can't rely on the libgdal.so.1-<version> dependency
>    to track the transition. How to best track the transition with ben
>    is still to be discussed with the Release Team. I think I have a
>    workable ben configuration, it can only not track bad packages [6].

Hi Bas,

A quick scan of the PTS/tracker showed that it is possible we might get
tangled with some other minor transitions. It would be good to start as
early as possible because new conflicts will pop up over time.

If the netcdf packages pop out of NEW soon, that is quite a large one to
manage as well.

Let me know if I can help with preparing any packages so they are ready
to go when we get the nod.

Cheers,

Ross