Re: netCDF Strategy

> There was a little issue with the automate.cache directory included in
the upstream sources.

I suppose this has already been removed upstream. (Can't find it in the repo [1].)

>  * TODO:
What are your plans for these?
>     - static libs

None. :)
CMake builds don't allow for combined shared/static builds, so enabling those would require to build netCDF twice. While the headers should be the same, I have no idea what we should do with differences in the export config files in static vs. shared builds. Would we have to ship two different packages? Not easy to answer, certainly not something for now, it would seem.

>     - proper doc installation

This has already improved quite a lot, see
```
$ dpkg -L netcdf-doc
[...]
```
Save for the installation of jquery, possibly, this looks rather complete. I'd vote for checking this as done.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://github.com/unidata/netcdf-c

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 4:09 PM Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 03/06/2015 04:36 PM, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Cool. Just let me know if there's anything I can help out with.

There was a little issue with the automate.cache directory included in
the upstream sources. These get automatically removed by dh_clean which
causes changes to the upstream sources that git-buildpackage then
complains about.

I've repacked the upstream tarball to excluded these files. It's wise to
have upstream fix this on their side too.

The changelog still contains TODO items:

  * TODO:
     - static libs
     - proper doc installation

What are your plans for these?

Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1