Re: pycsw - precompiled docs

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> Thanks for your effort, it is really appreciated.
>
> The docs inside the package are there as a reference to the users. If this
> conflicts with Debian policy or something then I am ok removing them.
For the enduser the difference is small since they can have the
documentation as built in debian.
I'm in favor of keeping it inside the source package also, but I'm not
sure about the policy. I'll ask on debian mentors as well.

> Regarding cgi, this was added as a fast way to have pycsw working for
> OSGeoLive. I have WSGI package also in my todo list and actually I would
> prefer this solution since it is safer and faster.

Ok, I'll switch to WSGI then. It is actually not more work than cgi.
Just setting  WSGIScriptAlias in the conffile and adding the right
dependency (libapache2-mod-wsgi).
The only advantage of cgi over wsgi that I see is that people could
use other webservers than apache, but then again, they would have to
configure it themselves.

Johan