Re: qmapshack for debian

Hi,

I have read the SoB entry but I was offline yesterday.  Here are my
remarks for the sponsering:

  1. Homepage: http://www.qlandkarte.org
      -> I guess this is a cut-n-pasto.  Shouldn't this read
     Homepage: https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/wiki/Home
     ?

  2. The description is a bit short.  I personally would not have been
     catched by it as potential user.  Could you please be more verbose
     here?

  3. As I have read you had trouble with mk-origtargz which is as far
     as I can tell caused by some bug in a specific tar version (I
     didn't tried with the latest one in unstable but I was affected
     once with a package I maintain).  So if you intend to keep you
     manual tarball creation I'd suggest to use the following options
     to tar:

        --owner=root --group=root --mode=a+rX

     which are used in mk-origtargz.  I'd also recommend using xz
     instead of gz (feel free to compare the compression result).

I would like you to fix 1. and 2. while 3. is just a hint you can feel
free to ignore.

Fixed in git repo.

> I also missed your entry for on the SoB wiki page for qmapshack. If you
> want to use this for sponsoring the wiki entry is required.

I obviosly noticed it.

> But based on the feedback on the mentors list, there some copyright
> issues to fix before an upload will have a chance of being accepted by
> the ftp-masters.

Since I was offline yesterday and did not took the time to follow this
discussion please confirm that you dealt with this.

This copyright issues will take probably longer time.

best regards

mira