Re: osm2pgsql

On 04/30/2014 04:50 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> My cowbuilder chroot is current. Happens with sid and jessie chroot.
> I just did a
> cowbuilder --update --distribution=sid --basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow
> and it still happens with your updates.
>
> This is what I call to build:
> git-buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-pbuilder -sa --git-ignore-new

That's pretty much what I use too. Now that the package includes a
gbp.conf that uses pristine-tar by default the --git-pristine-tar option
is no longer required.

You log is for the 0.82.0 upstream release, my builds were all for
0.84.0 leading me to think that the build system was fixed upstream. But
I don't see any changes that support that idea.

Can you run a new build with the latest changes in git?

>>> Apart from that I don't see any problems with the new version. There is
>>> a new dependency on lua, but that should not make any problems.
>>
>> I've added the LUA dependencies, and pushed my changes to the git repo
>> on Alioth.
>
> Great. I have sent upstream a pull request that contains some cleanups
> including the changes from the two patches 00-fix_build.patch and
> 01-hyphen-used-as-minus-sign.patch.
>
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/pull/140

You may want to add the spelling-error-in-manpage patch to your PR,
that's the only relevant change for upstream that I just pushed.

>> There is still a man page warning that I want to fix, but otherwise I
>> think the package is quite ready.
>
> If we've got everything I'll see whether upstream wants to make a new
> release with the last changes before we release the Debian package.

If the new upstream release happens soon, that's probably a good idea.

In the mean time I can finish the osmosis package, and make some more
progress with the GDAL 1.11.0 package if the new osm2pgsql release is
not that soon.

> Jochen

 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1