Re: osm2pgsql

On Mi, Apr 30, 2014 at 04:30:23 +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 04/30/2014 11:53 AM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I looked into the osm2pgsql package yesterday to find out what needed to
> > be done to upgrade it from 0.82 to current 0.84. But for some reason I
> > could not get it to build. The configure script doesn't find the C++
> > compiler. This only happens in the special Debian build thingy, running
> > configure manually or through debuild everything works. And if I force
> > CXX=g++ it works, too. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for looking into osm2pgsql.
>
> I've updated the package with the 0.84.0 upstream release, but I don't
> experience the build problem you mention.
>
> How do you build the package, and is this on a current Debian unstable
> machine? I suspect your cowbuilder chroot is outdated.

My cowbuilder chroot is current. Happens with sid and jessie chroot.
I just did a
cowbuilder --update --distribution=sid --basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow
and it still happens with your updates.

This is what I call to build:
git-buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-pbuilder -sa --git-ignore-new

> > Apart from that I don't see any problems with the new version. There is
> > a new dependency on lua, but that should not make any problems.
>
> I've added the LUA dependencies, and pushed my changes to the git repo
> on Alioth.

Great. I have sent upstream a pull request that contains some cleanups
including the changes from the two patches 00-fix_build.patch and
01-hyphen-used-as-minus-sign.patch.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/pull/140

> There is still a man page warning that I want to fix, but otherwise I
> think the package is quite ready.

If we've got everything I'll see whether upstream wants to make a new
release with the last changes before we release the Debian package.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298