Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 09:35:24AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> In the case
> of doris the web page says "free for non-commercial use" and your
> copyright says GPL3.  I have not checked what is actually correct but I
> left the more conservative non-free.  Feel free to correct me if you are
> sure about this and copyright statement is clear.  I have not checked the
> license for getorb just to safe time.

At the time of my check, doris had a non-free license even if it used
fftw (GPL) so was undistributable. I contacted the original author
(now working elsewhere) who reported the thing to the university.
That was a few years ago. Maybe something changed, maybe not.