Re: [DebianGIS] Approaches to Harmonics Files Packaging

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Anton Martchukov <anton@martchukov.com> wrote:

> But OpenCPN package needs the indexed file produced by Tide2idx
> program and cannot understand TCD format.
>
> Thus, I need to package the indexed form due to the format
> differences, but will create a kind of duplicate data since
> same data already exists but just in different format. Does it
> sound right? Ideally I would consider have some package with
> raw source data that is than converted to whatever form is
> appropriate form during the build?

Package tide2idx/WXTide32 (wx makes it sound like it uses wxWidgets,
which is cross-platform) and have the xtide data source packages build
an IDX file using the tide2idx package you have produced. These can go
into either the xtide-data/xtide-data-nonfree packages or into new
xtide-data-idx/xtide-data-nonfree-idx packages, depending on the size
and any other requirements.

--
bye,
pabs