Re: [DebianGIS] OpenDAP license is LGPL

Quoting "Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org>:

> Anyway in the specific case of OpenDAP, Alastair agreed about
> re-establishing the right (i.e. as selected by upstream) license.

Could you please tell what does this imply in the practical sense? I am not so
familiar with the different flavors of available licenses so I have a hard time
judging about their implications in our specific problem, the OpenDAP support
in DebianGIS...

By the way is it a better idea to support OpenDAP through the GDAL driver or
through netcdf-4 which now includes OpenDAP?

servet