Re: [DebianGIS] Fw: Re: [Proj] NAD27 and WGS84 woes

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
ntf_r93.gsb:        data
ntv1_can.dat:       data
nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb: data

Three files are in binary format: the .gsb files are NTv2 binaries, the other
not (maybe NTv1?) I wonder if those files are managed correctly by proj
on all archs. I found a reference to NTv2 formats, but not for the second
file. Do you have more information about that?

Frankie,

the ntf_r93.gsb and nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb files are NTv2 format.  The ntv1_can.dat
file is NTv1 format.  However, I don't see the distinction between these binary
files and text data files like the US .lla files.  A text file is not
equivelent to readable, understandable and modifiable "source code".

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com