Re: [DebianGIS] Fw: Re: [Proj] NAD27 and WGS84 woes

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Note that ftpmasters are not gis-data experts, they NEED to see for
> every single file a copyright document and a complete reference
> for public domain data.

sure, no argument there.

> This is a quite annoying task. And still you did not point about the
> blobs.

I realized that upon re-read after sending,

> What is the 'preferred way of editing' them? What are they
> 'sources'?

At their core they're just a 2D grid of numbers in binary form. nothing
special or highly complicated. the NTv2 format etc is well described in
public documents. source code to read them is in proj, and code to write
the binary versions of them is in GRASS (and maybe in proj as well, I'm
not sure).

Hamish