Re: [DebianGIS] Fw: Re: [Proj] NAD27 and WGS84 woes

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:13:58AM -0800, Hamish wrote:
> Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > Note that ftpmasters are not gis-data experts, they NEED to see for
> > every single file a copyright document and a complete reference
> > for public domain data.
>
> sure, no argument there.
>
> > This is a quite annoying task. And still you did not point about the
> > blobs.
>
> I realized that upon re-read after sending,
>
> > What is the 'preferred way of editing' them? What are they
> > 'sources'?
>
> At their core they're just a 2D grid of numbers in binary form. nothing
> special or highly complicated. the NTv2 format etc is well described in
> public documents. source code to read them is in proj, and code to write
> the binary versions of them is in GRASS (and maybe in proj as well, I'm
> not sure).

ntf_r93.gsb:        data
ntv1_can.dat:       data
nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb: data

Three files are in binary format: the .gsb files are NTv2 binaries, the other
not (maybe NTv1?) I wonder if those files are managed correctly by proj
on all archs. I found a reference to NTv2 formats, but not for the second
file. Do you have more information about that?