Re: [DebianGIS] current situation

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> I think it is useful, since now and then, to check where we are, and
> how far we are from the target:
> - grass is back one minor version (due to missing mipsel build);

Now that the xerces27 logjam is apparently relieved, mipsel should
build on the next attempt.

> furthermore, 6.3 is at RC4, hopefully it will make it for lenny

GRASS 6.3.0 is not intended to be a stable release (ie with ongoing
support), it is a beta "development preview" release of what the 6.4
stable release will be like. It is more stable than a CVS snapshot but
less than an official stable release.

I am sure 6.3.0 will be released before Lenny, the question is does
Debian want to use it?

> - qgis 0.8.1 has just entered lenny, which paves the way for 0.9.1,
> hopefully ready soon
> - gdal 1.4.4 is in, 1.5 is coming

& with those in lenny we can, I hope, finally have a modern qgis for
etch-backports. Yay.

+ proj 4.6.0 is now in lenny too.

nice progress folks!

Hamish