Re: [DebianGIS] TileCache 2.0 debian packaging

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:48:04AM +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 9:08 AM, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt@metacarta.com> wrote:
> File an ITP bug and close it in the changelog.

Can't find a howto anywhere on this. (Do I file it against TileCache?
WNPP? Something else? I'm seeing various bits and pieces, but nothing
very helpful -- and "ITP debian" searches find lots of people filing
intent-to-package reports to debian-devel from early 2000.)

> Some fixes that would be nice to do:
>
> No need to mention the licence in the package description.

Done.

> Maybe add the python-wsgiref package to Suggests until Debian gets
> python2.5 as the default.

Done.

> There is no mapnik package in debian, but there is python-mapnik.

That's changed since we packaged it -- at the time, mapnik wasn't in
Debian at all :) Fixed.

> About python-imaging, recommends means it will be installed by default
> (unless an option is set) but that it can be removed. Is this OK?

I think that's preferred, yes.

I'll upload a -3 after I hear back on the ITP issue -- it's possible
there's a 'howto' on this that I just can't find, but... I can't find it
:)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt