[DebianGIS] TileCache needs a sponsor! Can you help?

Hi folks,

I've been working on TileCache, a Python-based web tile caching
system, with Christopher Schmidt, and supported by MetaCarta Labs, for
several months now. The package is intended to accelerate web map
applications by serving as a caching front-end for map tile renderers
like MapServer and Mapnik.  You can read more about it at
http://tilecache.org/. You may also be entertained by the TileCache +
OpenLayers demo at http://tilecache.org/demo.html. The software is
standards oriented and BSD licensed.

We would like to offer TileCache for addition to the Debian-GIS
project. The latest 1.6 release includes the debian/ directory in the
source tarball. The Debian package builds without problems on a
testing system  with the prerequisites installed, and Lintian only
reports one warning with the resulting package (an unbreakable line in
a man page, caused by the inclusion of a WMS URL, unfortunately). I
plan to maintain the Debian packaging materials as part of the regular
development process.

I was wondering if we could enlist a Debian-GIS DD to sponsor this
project's inclusion in Debian. My hope is that the sponsorship burden
will be limited to rebuilding and uploading the latest release every
so often. Any takers? Your help would be *much* appreciated.

SDE