Re: [DebianGIS] Why can't I get packages from the debiangis repo?

2006/7/3, Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>:
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 12:40:34PM -0300, pmarc wrote:

> >maybe change the CVS package name to grass6.1 so the CVS version doesn't
> >automatically upgrade a 6.0 install?
>
> Or maybe just grass6+cvs

Indeed we could simply package a grass-cvs package for development
snapshots. The pinning hint does not avoid to install explicitly
packages. The standard 'upgrade' command does not suffice. And this
is a feature, not a bug :)

Ok, Frankie,

But I can't even get the packages from debiangis listed, so I could
give the names to aptitude.

I can browse the debian gis repo and look for the name of the package,
but that's not the point for apt.

As I said, I already got grass compiled from cvs. As the saying here
goes: "cesteiro que faz um cesto, faz um cento." (The basketmaker who
makes a basket, makes a hundred baskets - does it make any sense in
english?)

Also, I am not sure if it makes any sense to package "development
snapshots" - whomever is involved in development would prefer to get
the source straight from cvs. As with me, I am involved with the
translation - so cvs for me is the way to go.

Anyway, I want to know how to cope with this, in case I want any other
package from d-gis that also exists in the regular debian repos.

thanks.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)