Re: [DebianGIS] PackageList updated

hi,

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 08:29 +0200, alex bodnaru wrote:
>

>>postgis is really maintained by me, and the long waited (sorry, but a
>>lot of changes were required) debian standards complying version is
>>due today. openev is also maintained by me, and a working version is
>>on debian gis for quite a long time.
>

> Any particular reason neither of these is in the debian-gis CVS
> repository? No, the postgis in there does not count, it hasn't been
> touched since 22 Mar 2005.

you are right, professional programming really dictates use of cvs/svn.
the repository you are talking about is not my humble answer, as you
expected. we (me and roberto boaty, postgis comaintainer) abandoned cvs
for the shameful failure to handle it.
anyway, any *concrete* solution will be regarded, as well as any other
kind of help.

> Also, how about an upload of openev into Debian sid?

postgis sponsor, giuseppe sacco offered to sponsor openev too, but he
quit in the meantime, so other sponsorship offer might help. i've seen
your inquiry on openev-discuss. indeed, a release might help better than
a pointer to a cvs branch.

> Also, how about group maintainership of such an important package as
> postgis?

see above.