[DebianGIS] gdal

Hi all.
Finally qgis, mapserver and postgis are finding their way into testing. The
package that requires more attention, in my view, is now gdal: we're stuck on
an old version, and the new one has a number of important improvements,
including the driver for grass vectors. AFAICT, the package does not have a
maintainer (Silke does not seem to work on this anymore?). I would therefore
ask if anybody would be willing to try upgrading it.
As usual, we're willing and ready for testing the package, etc.
Many thanks.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini