[DebianGIS] Re: postgis debian packaging

[Alex Bodnaru]
> debian ftpmasters rejected postgis because they suspect a change in
> name (from postgis to postgis1) has been made to bypass the old
> postgis package, still in unstable.

If this isn't the case, it is normally enough to explain this to the
ftpmasters.  I would suggest adding a comment about the relationship
to the old package in the changelog, to document it for all to see.

> it's true, should postgis1 have been submitted together with postgis0
> (which i've made to support postgis-0.9.x, still supported and upgraded
> upstream), ftpmasters could easier understand the issue.

I probably misunderstood the issue, but I read your comment as a
question of package hijacking, not upgradability.  If the former is
the case, ftpmasters can be assured that no hostile hijacking is
taking place and the new package should be allowed to enter the
archive.  Of course, a plan for the old package need to be implemented
as well.