[DebianGIS] Re: update on gdal qgis conflict

> everything from debian testing + qgis, grass, gdal from debiangis.
> apt-get install libgdal1c2=1.2.6-1.2
> does not crash (?).
> Thanks for helping.
> pc

Hi,
for some weeks I didn't use grass, qgis (0.6.99?), qgis-grass-plugin. During
these weeks I dist-upgraded my debian testing. Since 2 days I was trying to
launch qgis but it crashed the same way as mentioned above.
I tried everything (0.6.99, 0.7.3, from debian, from
pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org, 0.7.4 compiled on my own). The later versions
crashed immediatly at sartup, the 0.6.99 could be started but crashed when
trying to add a grass raster layer.

Downgrading libgdal from 1.3.1 to 1.2.6-1.2 seems to solve the problem. Until
now qgis 0.7.4 didn't crash.

greetings,
David