Re: [DebianGIS] qgis-plugin-grass problem on sid

Le jeudi 10 novembre 2005 à 10:36 -0500, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> On 11/10/05, Didrik Pinte <dpinte@itae.be> wrote:
> > did@geru-itea:~$ apt-cache policy libgdal1c2
> > libgdal1c2:
> >   Installé : 1.3.1-1
> >   Candidat : 1.3.1-1
> >  Table de version :
> >  *** 1.3.1-1 0
> >         990 http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org unstable/main Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> > did@geru-itea:~$ apt-cache policy libgdal1-grass
> > libgdal1-grass:
> >   Installé : 1.2.6-1
> >   Candidat : 1.2.6-1
> >  Table de version :
> >  *** 1.2.6-1 0
> >         990 ftp://ftp.belnet.be sid/main Packages
> >         500 ftp://ftp.belnet.be testing/main Packages
> >         990 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >      1.2.6-1 0
> >         990 http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>
> Didrik,
>
> Ok, it would seem you have a GDAL 1.3.1 (nice and new!) but
> the ancient gdal-grass driver from GDAL 1.2.6.  I thought someone
> had a GDAL 1.3.1 based gdal-grass driver available somewhere.
>
> Note that the same source used to build the GDAL 1.2.6
> gdal-grass driver would likely work ok with GDAL 1.3.1 if it
> actually got built against GDAL 1.3.1 but the binaries are
> very version fragile.
>
> Best regards,

Frank,

Thank you for the explanation. I suppose that libgdal1c2 will enter
Debian official repository one of these days and that libgdal1-grass
will be compiled against 1.3.1 gdal lib.

I will be patient or just recompile the libgdal1-grass sources on my
computer.

Best regards,

Didrik