Re: [DebianGIS] qgis-plugin-grass problem on sid

On 11/10/05, Didrik Pinte <dpinte@itae.be> wrote:
> did@geru-itea:~$ apt-cache policy libgdal1c2
> libgdal1c2:
>   Installé : 1.3.1-1
>   Candidat : 1.3.1-1
>  Table de version :
>  *** 1.3.1-1 0
>         990 http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> did@geru-itea:~$ apt-cache policy libgdal1-grass
> libgdal1-grass:
>   Installé : 1.2.6-1
>   Candidat : 1.2.6-1
>  Table de version :
>  *** 1.2.6-1 0
>         990 ftp://ftp.belnet.be sid/main Packages
>         500 ftp://ftp.belnet.be testing/main Packages
>         990 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1.2.6-1 0
>         990 http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org unstable/main Packages

Didrik,

Ok, it would seem you have a GDAL 1.3.1 (nice and new!) but
the ancient gdal-grass driver from GDAL 1.2.6.  I thought someone
had a GDAL 1.3.1 based gdal-grass driver available somewhere.

Note that the same source used to build the GDAL 1.2.6
gdal-grass driver would likely work ok with GDAL 1.3.1 if it
actually got built against GDAL 1.3.1 but the binaries are
very version fragile.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com