Re: [Pkg-grass-general] libgdal-grass for gdal 1.2.6

Hello Silke,

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:06:57 +0200 Silke Reimer
<Silke.Reimer@intevation.de> wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:16:05AM +0200, Stephan Holl wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > just curious if the libgdal-grass-brigde is available for gdal1.2.6?
> >
> > apt-get update && apt-get install libgdal1-grass
> > only catches 1.2.5.
>
> Yes, but as far as I understood Frank once, this isn't a problem
> because the grass driver hasn't changed between the differen
> versions. Could you please try, whether it works and give us feedback?

I installed it beside the newly downloaded gdal-1.2.6 packages and
gdalinfo --formats does not say GRASS anymore...
My GRASS-based mapserver-applications do not run as well. I need to
downgrade to gdal1.2.5 and everything is nice again.

Wait! I forgot that I need to compile gdal-grass by myself because I do
not use the debian-GRASS-Package. That could be a point. I will check.

---later---

apt-get source libgdal1-grass
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d
I recompiled locally and installed from my newly built package with
my non-default grass-installation.
gdalinfo --formats does not show up grass as supported format.

Perhaps somebody else can check?

Stephan

--
Stephan Holl