Re: Accepted gcc-defaults 1.118 (source all amd64)

On 13.05.2012 17:45, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:40:36AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> On Tue, May  8, 2012 at 19:44:01 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
>>> The intent to get GCC changed was mentioned in the bug reports a month ago.
>> Seeing the number of new bug reports that keep popping up I still think
>> the switch should be reverted.  It was bad enough with all the month old
>> bugs still open, but with many new ones (plus the misbuilds) I really
>> don't think it's reasonable to waste yet more time on this.

which ones? are there any reports which are not tagged? I went through the list
of Lucas' new batch and tagged the appropriate ones.

Which misbuilds are you aware of? I don't see any tagged?

> This doesn't mean that we shouldn't have gcc-4.7 in wheezy as an alternative,
> just that it is highly problematic as the default at this point of the release
> cycle.  +1 on the revert from me, sadly.

in summary, these are getting addressed faster than these are submitted. Please
lets wait until the end of June if to make this decision or not.

  Matthias